- Call 425-359-0181, Kerryann Pray www.HomematchNW.com for your Snohomish County Washington real estate needs.
It can be a daunting task, Organizing to Sell Your Snohomish County Home and packing….YES PACKING…because you’re going to sell your home and move, but it can put thousands more in your pocket!
It’s stressful enough to be selling a home, let alone keeping it in immaculate condition for showing at all times. It is virtually impossible if you are not organized. Buyers will want to see your home on a moment’s notice and some preparation in the form of organizing and packing will take heaps of stress off your shoulders!
|Search Homes for Sale in Snohomish County||Homes With a Shop|| |
|Lake Stevens Under $300,000||$300,000 to $400,000||$400,000 to $500,000|
|Marysville Under $300,000||$300,000 to $400,000||$400,000 to $500,000|
|Snohomish Under $300,000||$300,000 to $400,000||$ 400,000 to $500,000|
Here are 9 tips to Organizing to Sell Your Snohomish County House:
- Start by picking up some boxes or plastic bins, I recommend plastic bins. You can buy them cheap on craigslist or buy new and resell yourself when the move is complete.
- Section off your home by room. Organize and pack one room at a time. Less if necessary.
- Pack the items you do not use daily and want to keep, right away! If you haven’t touched it in a month, pack it, the chances are you won’t need it until you are in your new home. Also pack any personal photos or heirlooms. If it is valuable either financially or emotionally put it away! (This is for safety, as well as paring down your personal items for showings).
- Once you have packed up the seldom used items chances are you have come across some things that you just no longer need. Create a box or a pile for those items. You may want two piles, one to donate and one to toss. .
- Touch each item only once. Make a decision and move on.
****Caution be wary of anything that fascinates you enough to sit down and start reading, exploring further or repairing, set it aside so you don't get distracted.*****
- Be determined while assessing the items, do you really want to pack it up, move and unpack again? Or should you get rid of it now.
- When you’ve made all your decisions, label, number and store the boxes by room.
- Create a master list of the box #s and the location they came from. Don’t keep it in a box!
- Then it’s time to clean the cracks and crevices that you miss in your day to day cleaning. Such as:
- Cleaning the tracks in the windows.
- Clean the interior and exterior of the windows
- Dust the trim along the floor and vacuum areas you may typically miss (gotta move the furniture a bit)
- Wipe down the walls and doors.
- In kitchens clean out the appliances.
- Wipe out/vacuum kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
- Give the light fixtures a quick wipe and put in fresh bulbs.
It’s time to start fresh! Soon you will be putting that additional money you made from putting your fresh, clean house on the market, into your new home! Please add any other tips you may have!
Need assistance Organizing to Sell Your Snohomish County Home? Give me a call at 425-359-0181 or text me for referrals to organizers, stagers, or house cleaners. Sometimes paying someone to allow you to focus on marketing your house is well worth it!
Keller Williams NWRE LLC
PS – Want to find out what your home is worth today? Now CLICK HERE for a FREE, No pressure, No hassle, valuation of your house.